Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How it Works

In the past few months I have been feeling that I really want an outlet where I can meet with fellow teachers and discuss the world of literacy and teaching.  I enjoy reading new books in the field.  I have had the opportunity in the past few months to work with colleagues through  offering some professional development opportunities as well as patricipating in my own professional development.  Through each of these opportunities I found myself wanting or enjoying the opportunity to share and discuss with colleagues.

Today, I had the opportunity to participate in a webinar with author Tanny McGregor.  She is the author of Comprehension Connections.  Today was day 1 of the webinar and  at the end of this first session I, again, found myself reflecting on how great it was to have time to share with fellow teachers. 

I've spent the past few weeks wondering how to scratch this itch I have to share and talk more with others.  Today I decided that this blog might be the solution. My hope is that through this blog teachers can come together to share their thoughts and experiences within the field and discuss new and old books that are pivitol during this exciting time in education. 

When I think to books I'd like to read I find myself always going back to books that revolve around literacy or that can be used with children during read-alouds or explicit instruction. However, I want this site to be one where we all have a voice and can read what interests us. If you have a book selection please leave it in a comment or email and I will place it on the "Future Reads" list.  We'll take it one book at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment